I do commissions on a limited basis. If I am not openly stating that commissions are open on this page, assume that you will need to email to request availability.
The following is an example of the types of quality, shading, and detail you can find for each tier of work.
Sketch-Level Artwork – Simple, basic ideas, one or two colors.
This style of artwork includes linework for landscapes, simple artwork, with one or two colors. This is not my fully-rendered artwork, but a simple outline with simple shading. Backgrounds typically not included. Perfect for splash pages, storyboards!
Bust – $30
Partial Body –$50
Full Body – $80
Rendered Artwork – Full-Color, thoughtfully crafted and imagined artwork
This style of artwork includes detailed shading, color, and a simple background. I use a lot of colored digital hatching to render my artwork, please see my portfolio and the below images for references so you can know what to expect!
Bust – $60
Partial Body –$100
Full Body – $130
Complex/Specific Backgrounds may add +X$ to price depending on complexity
More than one character/subject – add +50% per character added
All pixel art is priced per the indicated size. Price includes 1 frame of simple animation if requested (simple animations being glimmers, idle animation, blinking, background color flash, etc.). Delivery in .gif and original .aseprite format; other file formats available upon request.
Contact me for pricing. Pricing will be similar to the above prices with considerations for length, complexity, and scope of the animation. In general, I will add a flat fee for each new element that needs to be created for the animation project. The below examples are anywhere from 6 to 30 frames each. Larger pieces can be commissioned upon request – contact me for a quote.
How to order:
Send me an email to request a commission slot. Include the text form somewhere in the message and fill it with your order info:
Type/category of commission:
How many subjects/characters:
Any specific wishes/details you want included:
Character personality/description(s): Please give me everything you have on your subject that you want me to have in mind when drawing. If you have a reference material that you have in mind please send it to me. If you want me to draw food, provide recipes or reference photos. By sending this order I confirm that I have read and accepted the terms of service for commissioning Ben Sutter of Godrod Studios.
You can place multiple orders in one mail, just include the above info multiple times. Please include reference images of your character(s). If there is anything specific you would like me to get inspired from (e.g. environment for background or stock images for poses) please include them as well. If you cannot provide reference for the subject(meaning you only have a text description), an additional +50% will be added to the price. Send your order to email@example.com
Paypal only! If your commission request is accepted, I will send you my Paypal details.
Before you order, please make sure to have read my Terms of Service. These terms apply to private commissions only. This information is NOT applicable for commercial work, therefore the art can only be used for the client’s personal purposes.
All prices above are base prices. Things that might increase the price are complex character designs, number of characters, not being able to provide a good visual reference, complex backgrounds and amount of detail in the image in general.
🙂 Will do:
- Humans – Real people, fake people, people doing stuff
- Creatures – Pets, animals: if you have a reference, then I have no preference!
- Food – A Favorite Dish, a menu design, what have you!
- A portrait of you and your loved ones
- Original characters
- Anything with my Handwriting
- NSFW Artwork(will add to final cost of the commission)
;-✘ Will not do:
- Hateful art
- Imitation of other art styles or artists (certain exceptions can be made within reason)
- Probably some other stuff, humanity has surprised me many times
If you have a problem with any of these terms, they may be changed if discussed with me prior to paying for your commissioned piece.
1. GENERAL TERMS
- All drawings may or will include a subtle sign (my signature) that you may not remove. Obvious exceptions include smaller pixel art pieces.
- I may live-stream the creation of works on my social media (Twitch) channels.
- Prices are subject to change based on demand.
- I have the right to reject any order that I do not feel comfortable drawing for any reason.
- My work is NEVER permitted to be used as an “NFT” or any other blockchain related materials. If you see my work being used for this purpose, it has been stolen from me without my permission.
- Currency accepted is USD and can be paid through PayPal.
- Commissions can be paid either 100% upfront or split 50% upfront and 50% after sketch approval.
- Don’t send me any payment before I have agreed to give you a slot and requested you to send me the payment. I will send you a link to my PayPal account at that time.
3. PROCESS AND DELIVERY
- I will notify you when I have started on your commission and you, therefore, lose the rights to a refund (see point 7 further below for more info on refunds)
- While I’m working on your commission I will make reviews with you to make sure I make it just right for you!
- The number of reviews depends on the complexity of the work.
- During the reviews, you will see work-in-progress and these images will usually include a watermark and be smaller than the finished piece.
- The time it takes to finish your commission varies 3 days – 3 months depending on factors such as health, the complexity of the commissioned piece, other work, and seasonality.
- If anything comes up that will slow the progress of the initially estimated delivery time I will let you know as soon as possible!
- Once the piece is finished you will receive the full-resolution image along with a web-friendly size. Note that there is no physical product. In the case of pixel art, I will send you the art file and the finished product in whichever agreed-upon format you would like (aseprite file, gif, spritesheet, etc).
- Upon request, physical media can be created instead of digital media. Please contact me with details as the physical format can will have a drastic impact on price.
- You get 3 rounds of changes on the commissioned piece included in the price.
- A fee will be added if you want something changed on the final drawing – unless a misunderstanding from my side has been made.
- If you wish for me to change something in the drawing you have previously approved, I will charge you a fee to change it. The amount of the extra charge depends on the change you want me to make and is usually based on an hourly wage.
- If your reference is unclear to start with changes will come at an extra charge.
5. COPYRIGHT / USAGE POLICY
I, Ben Sutter of Godrod Studios (the artist), claim the rights to the produced drawing, not the buyer. Therefore I am allowed to use the copyrighted artwork to:
- Promote myself with it anywhere
- Publish books with it (artbooks, tutorials, etc.)
- Display it everywhere to my liking (website, social media, etc.)
- Post it wherever I want
The buyer is allowed to:
- Use the commissioned piece for personal use unless agreed otherwise (you can upload it on all your social media profiles, forums, etc.)
- Print the artwork and claim the character(s) as their own, but not the artwork itself.
- Use the artwork to promote themselves. You are not forced to give me credit when you post it, but it is very appreciated.
- Use the artwork on their Youtube channel and in monetized videos as long as the artwork itself is not the main subject for the earnings.
The following is considered copyright infringement:
- Reproducing/using the copyrighted artwork commercially – ( this means making money off it in any way).
- Claiming the artwork as your own
- Removing my signature from the artwork
- Altering the artwork without my consent
- I reserve the full rights to the image and it’s use/distribution unless otherwise agreed upon (rights to the image for your own non-personal use may be purchased at any time).
6. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
- I will do everything I can to make my customers happy!
- If you have a problem with anything in regards to the commissioned piece please tell me right away so we can find a solution together.
- I am willing to change some of my terms for you if you ask before I start on your commission. If you, e.g., do not want me to post your art anywhere, or to stream your work, we can discuss this.
7. REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY
- The buyer is not allowed a refund once I started working on the commission.
- If for any reason I am unable to start your commission you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel your order before I started it, you can get a full refund.
- If you are getting a refund, do not request a Paypal chargeback. I will transfer the money back to you myself.
- If you request a Paypal chargeback at any point when you were not allowed to ask for a refund you will lose all beforementioned rights to the commissioned piece and I will have the full right to profit further from it in any way. I will decline the chargeback and supply Paypal with our conversations in which we talk about the commission as evidence that I have completed work for you. Furthermore, you will be blacklisted for commissioning me again.
If the buyer breaks any of the points stated above they will lose all the beforementioned rights to the artwork commissioned by me, Ben Sutter (the artist), and I will have the right to profit further from the commissioned artwork in any way I see fit. If you have a problem with any of these statements, they may be changed if discussed with me prior to paying your commissioned piece.
What do you get?
- Drafts/mockups that you must decide which one I should continue with (depending on the complexity of the commission there might be fewer or more drafts)
- Sketch and/or final sketches that you must accept before I continue the work
- Insight and involvement in color plan (depending on the complexity of the commissioned piece)
- Full-resolution file (approx. 16inches x 16inches at 300 DPI) of final drawing and a smaller version for internet upload. Final file formats are usually PNG, but you can specify additional formats if you wish. Artwork can be scaled to your specifications within reason.
Thank you for supporting me, the artist! If you enjoy the process and the commission please give me feedback!